Note from the Innkeeper:
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Sand Castle!
After months of living in this unprecedented time of pandemic chaos, people are eager to plan an escape to a place that refreshes their soul and nourishes their body and mind. Our hidden gem on the quiet north shore of Long Beach Island awaits those who are ready for a reimagined experience ensuring your health and happiness.
We know you may have a few questions about travel at this time. As innkeeper of the Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast for 20 years, and as a frequent traveler myself I feel qualified to share how we have refined the traditional Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast experience to incorporate New Jersey State health and safety regulations as well as social distancing.
The small size of our inn (only 8 units designed for couples) helps to limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds. Each unit has a private entrance and its own individual A/C unit which means no recirculated air.
Additionally, there are a few changes to our Inn’s offerings:
1. In addition to our normal meticulous cleaning, each room will be fogged between guests with an EPA approved disinfectant. Our new protocols include extra time allotted to housekeeping to clean all touchpoints such as light switches, fans, shade pulls, doorknobs, walls, appliances and electronics.
2. In order to minimize contact, daily housekeeping service will not be available during your visit, except for longer stays. Additionally, all decorative pillows, shams, throw blankets, and paper items will be removed from guest rooms.
3. A laundry bag will be provided for towel exchange as needed by placing it outside your door. We will then promptly deliver a new bag with clean towels.
4. All of our rooms have been modified to include a mini-fridge, microwave, tableland chairs.
5. Our delicious breakfast will still be included but will now be delivered to your door at a pre-arranged time, or by reservation in the dining area. You can eat in-room or “al fresco” such as a picnic at the Lighthouse, poolside or on the roof deck.
6. Afternoon tea will continue to be self-serve but the treats will be single serve and wrapped.
7. Hand sanitizing stations are available at key locations throughout the building. Guests are encouraged to wash hands frequently.
8. A touchless check-in system has been added that can be accessed through your mobile phone.
9. Social distancing is required throughout the property and face coverings are required in all indoor common areas.
10. While lounging poolside, social distancing is in effect, masks are not required and we ask that the outdoor furniture not be moved from its 6 feet apart settings.
11. Any guest exhibiting signs of illness will kindly be asked to leave in order to protect everyone.We encourage guests to stay home if feeling unwell or if possible exposure has occurred.
12. Hugs and handshakes are temporarily being replaced with a welcoming wave and smiling eyes behind our face covering!
Getting outside is wonderful medicine for the soul and beside sitting by our sparkling clean pool, or by the dock of the bay, our uncrowded beaches are just a short walk up the street from our property. There is free parking on every street end for those who prefer to drive. Bicycles are available for those who wish to get a little exercise, as well as a lovely paved walkway along the jetty at the Barnegat Lighthouse.
Don’t miss our local restaurants which minimally have delicious meals for pick-up and may have some outdoor seating to offer as the season progresses. More about that as the season gets rolling.
INN CANCELLATION POLICY
TEMPORARY SPRING 2020 CANCELLATION POLICY
The unexpected happens. Our cancellation policy protects us as a small business with a limited number of rooms available. Trip Insurance protects you, the consumer, against the unexpected. We have always recommended that you consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance just in case.
Commencing, March 31, 2020, reservations made for April through June 2020:
~ Reservations cancelled prior to 3 days of the arrival date may either be rescheduled, without a rescheduling fee, or the deposit will be turned into a gift certificate that is valid for 24 months. (If you book through an online travel agent (i.e Expedia, Booking.com) the cancellation policy is 30 days and is non-refundable). There are no exceptions whether due to medical or family emergencies, inclement weather, missed or cancelled flights, etc. Any refunds will have a 10% bookkeeping fee deducted from the deposit to cover administrative costs.
Reservations cancelled or changed within 2 days of the arrival date, regardless of reason, will result in a forfeiture of the total deposit amount. There are no exceptions whether due to medical or family emergencies, inclement weather, missed or cancelled flights, etc. If the room is rebooked we will refund the room rate minus a 10% bookkeeping fee.
~ There are no refunds of deposits for No-Show’s or Early Departures. The reservation is the full responsibility of the guest.
Text or call us any time at 609-739-8380 if you need information or help figuring out which room would be best for your needs. We would love to have you stay with us!
All the best, Nancy & Joe