COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS UPDATE
The Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast is a licensed, inspected and insured property that has always maintained high standards of cleanliness and sanitation. The health, safety and well-being of our guests and our staff is the highest priority at the Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast. As we all continue to monitor the coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we want to make you aware of the measures we have implemented to help safeguard the health of those visiting:
- Staff have increased their hand-washing schedule to meet or exceed CDC guidelines and wear masks and gloves.
- All rooms will be fogged with disinfectant between guests in addition to normal detailed cleaning and disinfecting.
- No in-room daily housekeeping by staff will be provided to insure mutual safety and exposure, except for extended stays and special needs.
- A laundry bag will be provided for used towel exchange as required and a trash bag for trash removal.
- We have increased regular deep cleaning and disinfection schedules of all spaces within the building, including railings, door handles, light switches, etc.
- Social distancing (with mask use indoors) will be required in all common areas, including the pool area to keep all guests comfortable and safe.
- We are encouraging guests to wash their hands frequently.
- All food is prepared by our chef and/or the innkeeper. There will be no self-serve buffet items.
- Breakfast will be served each morning either by reservation for a specific seating time in the dining area, with proper social distancing or by delivery of “Breakfast to go” to your room as pre-arranged with the innkeeper.
- Snack items and afternoon tea treats will be single serve, wrapped to reduce any potential exposure.
- All guests and staff are being monitored for signs of symptoms.
- We encourage guests to stay home if you feel unwell or believe you may have been in any of the areas where you could possibly have been exposed to the coronavirus.
Hugs and Handshakes are temporarily being replaced with a welcoming wave and smiles!
Our hearts go out to those who have suffered with the virus or lost loved ones and we pray for healing. If you’re not feeling well please stay home, take care of yourself and seek medical attention if necessary.
As always, we appreciate your business and it is through the support of our guests, that small businesses like The Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast flourish! We will continue to offer you, our guests, a safe and comfortable place to rest your head at night.
Special COVID 19 Cancellation Policy
- If you are sick or concerned about being exposed to the virus, please e-mail us at email@example.com to cancel your reservation. Please kindly give us 72 hours of advance notice and a credit will be issued for a future stay.
- Deposit taken for canceled stays giving 15 days notice have the option to be used fully toward a future stay or be refunded, minus a 10% bookkeeping fee if you cannot reschedule at a later time.