Covid 19 Information
After months of living in this unprecedented time of pandemic chaos, people are eager to plan an escape to a place that refreshes their soul and nourishes their body and mind. Our hidden gem on the quiet north shore of Long Beach Island awaits those who are ready for a reimagined experience ensuring your health and happiness.
We know you may have a few questions about travel at this time. As innkeeper of the Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast for 20 years, and as a frequent traveler myself I feel qualified to share how we have refined the traditional Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast experience to incorporate New Jersey State health and safety regulations as well as physical distancing.
The small size of our inn (only 8 units designed for couples) helps to limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds. Each unit has a private entrance and its own individual A/C unit which means no recirculated air. Once you are checked in to your room, that air space is all yours; no one will enter your space without your direction.
Our outdoor pool is open and heated throughout the summer. Our outdoor Jacuzzi will not be in operation this summer due to physical distancing constraints. All guests are required to have footwear when using the outdoor shower and bathroom.
Additionally, there are a few changes to our Inn’s offerings:
1. Our guest room disinfection procedure has been ramped up from our normal, meticulous cleaning. Each room is first fogged between every guest with an EPA & CDC approved disinfectant. Every piece of bedding is stripped and replaced with sanitized linens. After thorough cleaning, our new protocol includes extra time allotted to housekeeping for what we call “wall by wall” cleaning, which sanitizes and disinfects all touchpoints such as light switches, fans, remotes, clocks, shade pulls, doorknobs, walls, furnishings, appliances and electronics. The same procedure occurs throughout the common areas at least twice per day.
2. In order to minimize contact, daily housekeeping service will not be available during your visit, except for longer stays or special request. Additionally, all decorative pillows, shams, throw blankets, and paper items will be removed from guest rooms.
3. A laundry bag will be provided for towel exchange as needed by placing it outside your door between 11 a.m. and 2 pm. Our staff will then promptly deliver a new bag with clean towels.
4. All of our rooms have been modified to include a mini-fridge, microwave, table and chairs.
5. Our delicious breakfast will still be included but will now be a choice of: delivered to your door at a pre-arranged time, or by reservation for seating in our dining area. You can eat in-room or “al fresco” such as a breakfast picnic at the Lighthouse, at a table by our pool, or on the roof deck picnic table.
6. Afternoon tea will continue to be self-serve but the treats will be single serve and wrapped.
7. Hand sanitizing stations are available at key locations throughout the building. Guests are encouraged to wash hands frequently.
8. A touchless check-in system has been added that can be accessed through your mobile phone and allows you to check in online and sign up for bicycles online.
9. Physical distancing is required throughout the property and face coverings are required in all indoor common areas.
10. While lounging poolside, physical distancing is required, masks are not required and we ask that the outdoor furniture not be moved from its 6 feet apart settings.
11. Any guest exhibiting signs of illness will kindly be asked to leave in order to protect everyone.We encourage guests to stay home if feeling unwell or if possible exposure has occurred.
12. Hugs and handshakes are temporarily being replaced with a welcoming wave and smiling eyes behind our face covering!
Getting outside is wonderful medicine for the soul and beside sitting by our sparkling clean pool, or by the dock of the bay, our uncrowded beaches are just a short walk up the street from the property. There is free parking on every street end for those who prefer to drive. Bicycles are available for those who wish to get a little exercise, as well as a lovely paved walkway along the jetty at the Barnegat Lighthouse.
Don’t miss our local restaurants which have delicious meals for pick-up, outdoor seating with table service, and indoor service coming soon as permitted by the State of New Jersey!
INN CANCELLATION POLICY
The unexpected happens. Our rather strict cancellation policy protects us as a small business with a limited number of rooms available. Trip Insurance protects you, the consumer, against the unexpected. We have always recommended that you consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance just in case. insuremytrip.com may have a solution for you.
Due to our small size, we require a 15 day notice in order to refund a deposit, minus a 10% bookkeeping charge if you need to cancel. Any less than 15 days notice you are responsible for the full cost of the reservation unless we are able to rebook the entire length of your stay.
~ There are no refunds of deposits with less than 48 hours notice or for No-Show’s or Early Departures. The reservation is the full responsibility of the guest.
Text us any time at 609-739-8380 or call 609-494-6555 if you need information or help figuring out which room would be best for your needs. We would love to have you stay with us!
All the best, Nancy & Joe