After years of living in this unprecedented time of pandemic chaos, people are eager to plan an escape to a place that refreshes their soul and nourishes their body and mind. Our hidden gem on the quiet north shore of Long Beach Island awaits those who are ready for a reimagined experience ensuring your health and happiness.
We know you may have a few questions about travel at this time. We have refined the traditional Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast experience to incorporate New Jersey State health and safety regulations as well as physical distancing.
The small size of our inn (only 8 units designed for couples) helps to limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds. Each unit has a private entrance and its own individual A/C unit which means no recirculated air.
Note, daily proceedures:
1. Our guest room disinfection procedure is meticulous. Every piece of bedding is stripped and replaced with sanitized linens. After thorough cleaning, our protocol includes “wall by wall” cleaning, which sanitizes and disinfects all touchpoints such as light switches, fans, remotes, clocks, shade pulls, doorknobs, walls, furnishings, appliances and electronics. The same procedure occurs throughout the common areas.
2. Daily housekeeping service is once again available but by request only. Once you are checked in to your room, that air space is all yours; no one will enter your space without your direction. You can use the daily towel exchange or make arrangements with the Innkeeper for housekeeping.
3. A laundry bag will be provided for towel exchange as needed by placing it outside your door between 11 a.m. and 1 pm. Our staff will then promptly deliver a new bag with clean towels.
4. All of our rooms have been modified to include a mini-fridge, microwave, table and chairs.
5. Our delicious breakfast will still be included but will now be a choice of: delivered to your room or porch at a pre-arranged time, or by reservation at two seatings in our dining area. You can eat in-room or “al fresco” such as at a table by our pool, or on the roof deck picnic table.
6. A touchless check-in/check-out system has been added that can be accessed through your mobile phone and allows you to check in online and sign up for bicycles online.
7. Any guest exhibiting signs of illness will kindly be asked to leave in order to protect everyone. We encourage guests to stay home if feeling unwell or if possible exposure has occurred.
Getting outside is wonderful medicine for the soul and beside sitting by our sparkling clean pool, or by the dock of the bay, our uncrowded beaches are just a short walk up the street from the property. There is free parking on every street end for those who prefer to drive. Bicycles are available for those who wish to get a little exercise, as well as a lovely paved walkway along the jetty at the Barnegat Lighthouse.
Don’t miss our local restaurants which have delicious meals for pick-up, outdoor seating with table service, and indoor service as regulated by the State of New Jersey.
INN CANCELLATION POLICY
The unexpected happens. Our rather strict cancellation policy protects us as a small business with a limited number of rooms available. Trip Insurance protects you, the consumer, against the unexpected. We have always recommended that you consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance just in case.
Due to our small size, we require a 15 day notice in order to refund a deposit, minus a 15% bookkeeping charge if you need to cancel. Any less than 15 days notice you are responsible for the full cost of the reservation unless we are able to rebook the entire length of your stay.
~ There are no refunds of deposits with less than 48 hours notice or for No-Show’s or early or shortened stays when you booked a minimum stay. The reservation is the full responsibility of the guest.
Text us any time at 609-739-8380 or call 609-494-6555 if you need information or help figuring out which room would be best for your needs. We would love to have you stay with us!
All the best, Audrey & Brain